Our core values are honesty, integrity and respect for people. The Shell General Business Principles, Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics help everyone at Shell to act in line with these values and comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
Shell General Business Principles
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviours. We are judged by how we act – our reputation is upheld by how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our eight Business Principles are based on these core values and indicate how we promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, and pride in what we do.
We were one of the first global companies to state and share our beliefs when we published our General Business Principles in 1976. As part of these principles, we commit to contribute to sustainable development, balancing short- and long-term interests and integrating economic, environmental and social considerations into our decision-making.
All Shell employees and contractors, and those at joint ventures we operate, are expected to understand and behave according to our business principles at all times. We encourage suppliers, and joint ventures that we do not operate, to apply equivalent principles.
Shell Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct guides employees on how to apply the Shell General Business Principles in line with our core values. It provides practical advice on how to comply with laws and regulations and how to relate to customers, communities and colleagues.
Regulatory requirements placed upon us have never been more complex or demanding. The Shell Code of Conduct clarifies the standards we expect our employees to follow and the behaviours we expect them to adopt.
The Shell Code of Conduct covers such areas as: fighting corrupt practices, national and international trade, people and safety, safeguarding information and assets, and communications.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction
- Continuous Improvement
- Secure best quality for products
- To minimize the environmental impact from our activities, products and services, we meet the requirements of ISO 14001 (EMS) and ensure all employees understand the importance of the environment to comply with environmental systems.
- We comply with domestic and international environmental regulatory requirements and Shell's environmental policies.
- To protect natural resources and to minimize water pollution and waste generation, we make resource saving, reuse and recycling a living.
- We encourage our stakeholders to comply with our environmental policies and support them to implement environment protection as voluntary and responsible manner.
- We introduce new technologies and improve processes through investment, and promote the environmental management system for continuous improvement by setting the goals through environmental impact assessment.
- We open our environmental policies to the public for superior environmental management.